Monday, April 29, 2013

Stepping Into the Stream

It's the end of April, and the change that was in the air when the month began is now afoot.

Success in the kind of ministry I do depends on a congregation finding a new minister, and yesterday, the folks at Columbine Unitarian Universalist Church signed a letter of agreement with the Rev. Julia McKay, opening the way for me to make my exit.

I'll be moving on from there in July.  But first, we'll finish our work together and have a good goodbye.

At the beginning of the month, it felt unsettled.  Now, I have stepped into the stream of another transition.

I learned a lot this month.  I attended the annual conference of Unitarian Universalist interim ministers -- always a chance to learn from colleagues -- then turned around and went to the first ever assembly of the Pacific Western Region of our denomination and learned a lot more.



No comments:

Post a Comment